Home

A pinch of pepper in a sentence

Combine in a bowl with a healthy pinch of salt and pepper, juice and fish. Add a few pinches of salt and pepper, the lemon juice, butter and smoked salmon. Add a pinch of salt and peppers to taste. Add reduced chicken stock, thyme sprigs and rosemary sprig and a pinch of salt and pepper Crack in the egg and season with a pinch of pepper Saudi Arabia produces 9 million barrels a day, and can do 11 in a pinch. Correct seasoning with salt, pepper and maybe a pinch of sugar. Meanwhile, boil up another pan of water and add a pinch of salt. Spoon a few dots of jus around the squab and sprinkle a pinch of vadouvan spice onto the plate To the yolks add 1/2 a cup of milk, pinch of salt, pepper and 1/2 a cup of bread crumbs. Fry squares of bread, sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on them, season highly with pepper and salt. Then they moved on, Mrs. Pepper and Polly going back to their work in the kitchen

pinch of salt and pepper in a sentence - pinch of salt and

Pinch of pepper definition and meaning Collins English

a collection of humor. a measure of humor. a glint of humor. a bit of humor. a sense of humor. a lot of humor. exact ( 2 ) The marriage proposal on Valentine's Day 2009, atop the Empire State Building, was pure Army, pure Major Gallo — with a pinch of humor. 1 43 sentence examples: 1. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of cayenne. 2. Season with a little paprika and cayenne pepper. 3. Season immediately with kosher salt and cayenne pepper. 4. Dust the top of the salad with cayenne pepper. 5. Cayenne pep Use 'pinch of salt' in a sentence | 'pinch of salt' example sentences. 1- So treat anonymous testimonials with a pinch of salt . 2- Add the vinegar and a pinch of salt . 3- Take it with a pinch of salt . 4- We had taken them with the aforementioned pinch of salt . 5- Add pepper and a pinch of salt if desired Cook together in a graniteware saucepan one cupful granulated sugar and half a cup of water until it spins a thread. Boil for one hour with the lid on the saucepan, that the steam may whiten the fat. Chop finely a small piece of meat, squeeze out the juice with a lemon squeezer and heat this juice in a saucepan Readers asked me how I was growing and fertilizing this chili pepper plant to make it amazingly fruitful. They wanted to know the pruning techniques I used to make the pepper plants so bushy and full. I wish I could reply to them in just a sentence or two! However, the secrets of growing a highly prolific pepper plant, need more explanation

From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English pinch of salt/pepper etc pinch of salt/pepper etc LITTLE/NOT VERY a small amount of salt, pepper etc that you can hold between your finger and thumb Add a pinch of salt to taste. → pinch Examples from the Corpus pinch of salt/pepper etc • Water during a fast nauseated him and he accordingly. Thesaurus. Phrases. Examples have not been reviewed. pepper (1126) Sazone con una pizca de sal y pimienta al gusto. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Mezclar todos los ingredientes y sazonar con sal y pimienta. Mix all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Sazone con una pizca de sal y pimienta recién molida www.use-in-a-sentence.com English words and Examples of Usage Example Sentences for pinch My son pinched his finger in the gate, and had to get a couple of stitchesMy aunt pinched me on the cheek, and then gave me a big kiss. My son pinched his finger in the gate, and had to get a couple of stitches. A pinch of salt in a pot of water will make it boil more quickly

How to use pinch in a sentence - WordHipp

Pepper In A Sentence Short Example Sentence For Peppe

Correct All Sentence Errors. Enhance Your Writing. Try Now! Improve Grammar, Word Choice, and Sentence Structure in Your Writing. It's Free • Pepper or salt amount • Pinch • Pinch husband, unhappy in retreat (4) • Pinch in the kitchen • Pizazz • Place for a gauge, informally • Punctuation mark • Quick race • Quick run • Race • Race of 100 meters • Race of 100 yards • Recipe amount • Recipe approximation • Recipe bit • Recipe guesstimate • Recipe pinch It turns out that these obscure measurements have concrete sizes, and even though the amounts are so small they might make little difference to the final outcome of the dish, it's a good idea to know what exactly a recipe writer means when they're asking for a pinch of cayenne pepper or a dash of liquid smoke 4) onion powder is a spice widely used when the fresh ingredient is not available. 5) That can happen even with the onion powder found in some baby food.. 6) In another pan, melt the butter and add the flour, onion powder and mustard. 7) I also did a pinch of cayenne and some onion powder to concentrate the onion flavor. 8) We also like to dissolve granulated garlic and onion powder to add.

Cut the pepper and get rid of the seeds. Chop the peppers into small cubes about the same size as the onions. Put the ground beef in a bowl, mix the pepper and the onion, add a pinch of oregano, a pinch of pepper and a teaspoon of salt. In a shallow pan heat a tablespoon of oil. Add the ground beef and stir so it cooks uniformly Q. To make a fried egg, _____, heat a pan over a fire. _____, pour a little cooking oil into the pan. _____, break an egg into the oil. _____, add a dash of pepper and a pinch of salt. _____, when the egg is cooked, dish it onto a plate and serve it hot Most uncountable nouns don't have an 's' at the end! An easy way to check if is a noun is countable or uncountable is to check if it is in the plural. Most uncountable nouns group together the concept of the thing and therefore do not take an 's'. However, there are of course some exceptions to this grammar rule. For example: nuts and. pinch. pĭnch. transitive. using one's fingers pellizcar. to catch cogerse, pillarse she pinched her finger in the drawer - se cogió el dedo con la gaveta. to squeeze apretar these shoes pinch my toes - estos zapatos me aprietan en los dedos. to cause hardship hacer pasar privaciones, poner en aprietos a. jerga to steal ratear, mangar Perhaps the most straightforward relationship is that of addition, where the speaker, having mentioned one thing, wants to go on to talk about something else which is similar. As with the other relationships discussed below, the additive relationship may occur within sentences or across sentences. The relationship may be expressed between two ideas or more than two, in which case it frequently.

1 dash hot pepper sauce In a medium bowl, whisk together taco sauce, white sugar, molasses, vegetable oil, cider vinegar, soy sauce, dry hot mustard, dried oregano and hot pepper sauce. Chill. Black pepper, to taste ¾ cup canola oil (or mix of canola and extra-virgin olive oil) Combine everything but the oil and sugar in a bowl and let sit for 20 minutes

14 Then add the Port-Salut, minced as thinly as possible, the kirsch and a pinch of Cayenne pepper. 15 Crisp filo pastry slices are filled with bramley apple, sultanas, and black cherry with kirsch and must be served warm Given below are some instructions for preparing an omelette Complete the following paragraph on the basis of these instructions a) Take two eggs Break them in a bowl and beat them after adding a pinch of salt and pepper b) Add a spoonful of water and - English - Sentence Clause Phras Dash definition, to strike or smash violently, especially so as to break to pieces: He dashed the plate into smithereens against the wall. See more salt pinch of pepper Put the beaten egg into the mashed potatoes and mix well. Serve with creamy mashed potatoes. 14 more results not shown. baked bread in a sentence.. take on in a sentence.. English Collocations Academic English Words List and Example Sentences

Video: a dash of white pepper English examples in context Ludwi

Peppers In A Sentence Short Example Sentence For Pepper

What does peck mean? Peck means a quick and casual kiss. (noun) An example of a peck is a kiss on the cheek Context sentences for pinch in Russian. These sentences come from external sources and may not be accurate. bab.la is not responsible for their content. English TS: Yes, they're servos with Add freshly ground black pepper and a . pinch of cayenne. pepper Definition of pinch in the Idioms Dictionary. pinch phrase. What does pinch expression mean? Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary. Pinch - Idioms by The Free Dictionary 11/2tsp dijon mustard | 100ml tomato ketchup | 1 heaped tbsp light brown sugar | Pinch cayenne pepper | Half tsp smoked paprika | Pinch of ground cloves. Whisk the egg with a fork until it is smooth. Add milk and whisk well. Grate the cheese into the bowl and stir. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Pour the mixture into the frying pan. Turn the omelet with a spatula when it browns. Cook both sides. Place on a plate; season with salt and pepper. Eat while warm

Best Tequila Cocktail Recipes 2020: Margaritas, Sunrises

535 English sentences using 'cayenne pepper' Toggle navigation. Login; freshly ground pepper and a pinch or two of cayenne. (open, independent.co.uk. Stir in the cayenne pepper and the lemon juice, and sprinkle with fresh cilantro. (open, save, copy) denverpost.com. Add the chopped herbs to the potatoes with salt, pepper and the cayenne. Context sentences for pinch in Italian These sentences come from external sources and may not be accurate. bab.la is not responsible for their content. English Europe is feeling the pinch and is becoming less and less attractive as a business location Shrimp: Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the red pepper garlic butter. Once the butter is melted, add shrimp and saute for a few minutes on each side until cooked through. To make it look creamy, add 1-2 tablespoons of the red pepper butter with a quick splash of cream to the hot pan and toss to combine Ei mit einer Prise Salz in einem Schussel schlagen. Beat the eggs in a bowl with some salt. In einen Schussel Öl, Zitronensaft und Salz verrühren. Dress the salad with oil, lemon juice and salt. Ojeh, das mit dem Schussel sein kenne ich sehr gut; Ojeh, with the dish his I very well know that

black pepper in a sentence Sentence examples by

1. A pinch of salt, a dash of pepper, and..... a hint of cinnamon, add some good old fashioned cooking, and you`ve got a dish. Collection by Carolyn Kirwan • Last updated 2 weeks ag
  2. utes. Reduce the temperature to low and allow the pinto beans to simmer until they tender when pressed against the side of the stockpot with a wooden spoon, 2 to 3 hours. Add water to the beans as needed
  3. Spanish Sentences FOOD 3. La camarera me preguntó qué tipo de ade. Añade una pizca de nuez moscada a la sa. Traerán hojaldres a la fiesta. Haré magdalenas de vainilla con chispas. The waitress asked me what type of salad dressing I would like. Add a pinch of nutmeg to the sauce. They will bring the puff pastries to the party
  4. 6. Simply put, Zoodles are a fun way to say zucchini noodles, which are long thin pieces of zucchini vegetable noodles that have been peeled or 'spiralized' (more on that below) 7. Zucchini pasta or Zoodles are perfect for low carb, Keto, Paleo, Whole30, even simply gluten-free. 8. Try Zoodles in cold pasta salads. 9
  5. Pinch of salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; Method. Preheat oven to 325 F. Prepare a pudding pan by greasing it. In a small bowl, mix the apricot and ginger and add some bourbon to it. Let it stand. In a large bowl, combine the bread and ginger snaps. In another bowl, beat together eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, sugar, milk, eggs, cream until well combined

Examples of using Slice the onion in a sentence and their translations Peel and slice the onion and add it to the pan with a pinch of salt. Pelar y cortar la cebolla y añadirla a la sartén con una pizca de sal. Finely chop the onion and pepper and slice the asparagus into 2 cm chunks a large glass of Chambertin wine (not too old), 2 small glasses of cognac, 2 minced shallots, a pinch of grated nutmeg, half a laurel leaf, and a pinch of pepper. Boil for several minutes; add the crushed carcass and 1/3 liter of demi-glace thickened with a small amount of veal stock

1 fresh hot chili pepper or 1 teaspoon dried red-pepper flakes: 7. 1 small fresh hot chili pepper, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped: 8. 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon minced red or green chili pepper: 9. Large pinch of cayenne or ground chili pepper, or to taste: 10. Musician John Frusciante of the Red Hot Chili Peppers is 30 When you use the word 'said', it means that whatever you say next is a quote, you are quoting someone and basically giving a word for word description of what they said. If you used the phrase I said him, it would mean that you were literally sa.. Pat pork tenderloin dry, and season all over with ¼ tsp. salt and a pinch of pepper. 2 Make the Marmalade. Place a small pot over medium heat and add 2 tsp. olive oil. Add bacon and onion to hot pot. Cover, and stir occasionally until onion is softened, 5-6 minutes. Stir in sugar, vinegar, and a pinch of salt. Cover again, and stir often until. Adding cayenne pepper or sugar: As you can tell, I love chamomile. It gives a boost to any spell and its main use is manifesting success, hence why I use it a lot. Chamomile isn't the only herb that can help a spell succeed though. Cayenne pepper can quicken results and sugar can sweeten them, or act as an attractant Through it all, Divakaruni writes so that we can smell the spices and taste the foods prepared with them. We learn the secrets of the spices while relishing chapters with such titles as Fennel, Black Pepper, and Fenugreek. This is an exciting novel. The story takes twists and turns that cannot be anticipated

French Lentils with Kale and Shrimp | Bev Cooks

1/4 tsp black pepper. pinch of red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper, optional. What do you put inside a taco? If you want to keep it classic, the best taco toppings are cheese, pico de gallo, lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream. But you can also add in caramelized onions, jalepenos, green chiles, beans, and more! Can I use beef taco seasoning on. Procedure: Boil potatoes in water until cooked. Drain and set aside. In a non-stick saucepan, mix together the sugar, flour, mustard and pinch of salt. Blend together egg, water and vinegar, before stirring into sugar-flour mixture in the saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes. Remove from heat Harry just nodded, getting up and walking into the kitchen, grabbing a mug and filling it to the brim with Black coffee, with a pinch of pepper-up potion for Bella. He walked it over and set it in her hands.That should wake you up, and Put you back into a better mood he said, Sitting again, Turning on the Television, wanting to see what had.

A Pinch Of Pepper - The thoughts and musings of Ross Peppe

Meanwhile, mix the flour, a pinch of sea salt and 240ml cold water into a dough, then knead on a flour-dusted surface for 2 mins, adding a little extra flour if needed. Carefully place the. Learner's definition of SALT. 1. [noncount] : a natural white substance that is used especially to flavor or preserve food. The soup needs a little more salt. Season the meat with salt and pepper. Add a pinch of salt. [=a small amount of salt] [+] more examples [-] hide examples [+] Example sentences [-] Hide examples Cook potatoes for about 7 min. or until cooked through. Scoop out potatoes out with a slotted spoon and set aside. To the same pot add macaroni and cook for 11 min. Drain and rinse with cold water. Place drained macaroni, potatoes, peas and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add 2 cups of dressing and mix to blend

Spoon fill the Poblano Peppers till they are filled, place the poblano peppers back on the metal baking sheet. Freshly shred 1 cup of white cheddar cheese, and carefully sprinkle the white cheddar over the Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Beef and Sausage, place in the preheated 350 degrees F oven and bake for another 6-8 minutes or till pepper. A complete list of crossword puzzle answers for the clue ''Short, fast race'. Quick and free help to solve your crossword clue Pepper in a sentence | pepper example sentences. Add the pepper and stir. Salt and pepper to taste. Amy fires the pepper spray. Stir in the salt and pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Yes, there was pepper, too. Smash the potatoes and sprinkle on a pinch of salt and the crushed jalapeno peppers How to use 辣椒 in a Sentence. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of cayenne

Simply Scratch Spinach Mushroom Ricotta Frittata - Simplycollecting memories: Onion Rings with Garlic Dill Dip

And yet, we might look for an opportunity to substitute a detail or a synonym or a pinch of pepper for the pronoun. Can we insert a phrase that builds tension or supports a thread of the plot? Tom withdrew the revolver from his coat pocket. The weapon felt cold and heavy in his hand. Tom withdrew the revolver from his coat pocket pinch (n) a small quantity; salt, pepper The recipe calls for a pinch of salt. box (n) a cardboard container for food; cereal, rice, pasta He ate the entire box of cereal. bag (n) a container made of thin plastic, cardboard, or aluminum; potato chips, peanuts, candy I bought a big bag of potato chips. slic Definition of take with a pinch of salt in the Idioms Dictionary. take with a pinch of salt phrase. What does take with a pinch of salt expression mean? Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary. Take with a pinch of salt - Idioms by The Free Dictionary Example sentences for yolks pepper, salt, etc. To prepare (eggs) as a dish for the table, by stirring the yolks and whites together while cooking. Have ready in the tureen the yolks of two eggs, well-beaten. Then add the yolks of two eggs and a cup of water, also a pinch of salt Answer: The sentence that uses the bolded word correctly is the first one: The caustic, bitter remarks about the company CEO in the newspaper were obviously slanderous. Explanation : The word slanderous is an adjective used to describe something as false and malicious

Food Quantifiers Grammar Quizze

This sentence has a smattering of alliteration that adds to its lyrical flow. Also keep in mind every second sentence of your piece does not need poetic imagery to keep the reader's attention. As Melissa Donovan says, sprinkle the magic of poetry in your work. It's like adding ground pepper to your salad I'm not sure they stood watch over the criminal (or prisoner) is really all that common. I think you are conflating two common usages: to 'stand watch' (against any outside threat) and to 'watch over' a vulnerable person (against illness, accide.. pinch (noun): a small amount - The chicken might taste better if you add a pinch of salt and pepper. preheat (verb): heat an oven or stove before you start cooking something - First, you should preheat the oven to 325 degrees before you start preparing the meal. batch (noun): a group of similar things, used also with baking cookie A sprinkle of 'Pepper'- How to be an effective communication partner. We've all been there- that moment when a friend or colleague introduces you to someone new at a party or a work function. You greet each other and then your friend gradually steps away. And that's when you realise that this conversation is not going to 'flow' two apples, three apples, etc. Uncountable nouns cannot be counted, e.g. air, rice, water, etc. When you learn a new noun, you should check if it is countable or uncountable and note how it is used in a sentence. Countable nouns For positive sentences we can use a/an for singular nouns or some for plurals. There's a man at the door. I have som

a pinch of humor English examples in context Ludwi

There is too much cayenne pepper in that soup, man. This use of the term man amplifies the meaning of the base sentence, almost to a point of excess. One could say with equal effect: If you put one more pinch of cayenne pepper in that soup it's going to burn my tongue clean off Plant bearing very hot and finely tapering long peppers; usually red [] Ground pods and seeds of pungent red peppers of the genus Capsicum [] A long and often twisted hot red pepper [] Cayenne is the capital of French Guiana, an overseas region and department of France located in South America Thread peppers onto metal BBQ skewers or wooden skewers pre-soaked in water for 30 minutes. Then brush with olive oil, season with a pinch of kosher salt, and grill on a preheated medium-high grill for about 2 minutes per side. Watch for a lightly charred pepper that is barely tender, not soft. Cool, then stuff the peppers per the recipe.

one egg was taken by the chef and it was mixed with mustard and a pinch of white suger some vinegar was then measured into a large bowl and was slowly added to the rest of the ingredients.Finally some salt,olive oil and pepper were whisked in. what is it in a active tens Day 1: Peach Balsamic Pork Chop, Paired With Glazed Carrots and Broccolini. View this post on Instagram. A post shared by Freshly (@freshly) This first meal set the standards high for Freshly. Although I was fully aware that this whole meal was heated in a microwave, the overall taste was still crisp and fresh 1 pinch of coarse salt and freshly ground pepper 2 split and lightly toasted croissants or your favorite sandwich bread In a large bowl whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice and curry powder Sprinkle with salt. Set aside. 2. To make the sauce: Combine the soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, and 1 tablespoon oil. 3. Toss the cucumbers with 1/4 cup of the sauce and a large pinch of red pepper flakes. Let sit. 4. In a medium bowl, toss together the chicken, cornstarch, and a pinch of black pepper Now the rage among the 11-to-30 year-old-set is like. When added to an ample pinch of omigawd, totally, and whatever, what you end up with is a tasteless stew of words